Introduction to Struts – J2415 (Duration: 3 days)
J2EE based Web Application development times may be significantly reduced by using standardized frameworks, such as Struts.
Struts allows for rapid application development while ensuring that the application adheres closely to the MVC architectural pattern.
In this course, we discuss Web Applications development using the Struts framework and demonstrate its benefits.
The course is heavily hands on and provides attendees the opportunity to reinforce knowledge gained in lectures by coding appropriate exercises. The labs focus on end-to-end application development to ensure that the attendees understand all aspects of the Struts framework.
Who Can Benefit
· Java developers who want to build Struts framework based J2EE systems
· Architects who are considering using Struts framework
· Technical Project Managers and Technical Sales Consultants who have hands on Java experience
· Experienced programmers with strong Java background
· One year of J2EE(JSP and Servlets) programming experience
· Basic knowledge of Web Application development
· Multi-tier application and database experience helpful
Topics Covered/Skills Gained
· Struts framework
· Struts Framework based Web Application development
Module 1: Getting Started
· Model-View-Controller Architectural pattern
· Introduction to JSPs
· Introduction to Tag libraries
Module 2: Struts Framework
· Introduction to Struts
· Struts Components: View
· Struts Components: Controller
· Struts Components: ActionMappings
· Struts Components: Model
· Struts Configuration
Module 3: Application development using Struts framework
· Developing simple web applications using MVC and Struts framework
· Developing advanced web applications using MVC and Struts framework
Module 4: Miscellaneous Struts framework guidelines
· Error handling and validations
· Tips for effective Struts framework usage